The project team is committed to disseminating information about the MCDU Project. This page has links to presentations and published papers.
- October 18, 2007. Georgia Council of Media Organizations (GaCOMO) Conference, Jekyll Island, GA. Presentation by Amy Eklund. Comparing Cataloging Practices: An Analysis of MARC Use by Georgia Catalogers (Presentation) Comparing Cataloging Practices: An Analysis of MARC Use by Georgia Catalogers (Handout)
- June 23, 2007. American Library Association Program, Sponsored by ALCTS and MARBI, Washington, DC.Informing the Future of MARC: An Empirical Approach (Presentation by Moen and Miksa)Informing the Future of MARC: An Empirical Approach (Handout)MARC Futures (Presentation by Sally H. McCallum, Library of Congress)
- June 21, 2007. National Library of Medicine, Technical Services Division, Bethesda, MD. Informing the Future of MARC: An Empirical Approach (Presentation)Informing the Future of MARC: An Empirical Approach (Handout)
- August 17, 2006. Nevada Library Association Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV. 21stCentury Cataloging�Catalogers� Use of MARC�Challenges and Opportunities
- August 8, 2006. Research Libraries Group User Forum, Washington, DC. Catalogers� Use of MARC: Learning from Artifacts through Metadata Utilization Analysis
- June 14, 2006. Joint Conference on Digital Libraries 2006, Chapel Hill, NC. Learning from Artifacts: Metadata Utilization Analysis
- May 3, 2006. Montana Library Association, Preconference on Catalogers� Use of MARC and 21st Century Cataloging: Challenges and Opportunities, Missoula MT. Catalogers� Use of MARC — The MCDU Project:An Empirical Analysis of Metadata Utilization by Library Catalogers
- April 13, 2006. College of Information Science and Technology, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA. An Empirical Investigation of Metadata Utilization by Library Catalogers: The MARC Content Designation Utilization Project
- February 16, 2006. WebWise 2006 , Los Angeles, CA. Examining MARC Records as Artifacts Reflecting Metadata Utilization Decisions
- January, 2006. Association for Library and Information Science Education, San Antonio, TX. Preparing, Creating, and Managing a Large Dataset of MARC 21 Records for Research and Analysis. [Poster session]
- Understanding Support of FRBR’s Four User Tasks in MARC-Encoded Bibliographic Records. Bulletin of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, August/September 2007.
- Examining MARC Records as Artifacts Reflecting Metadata Utilization Decisions. First Monday, volume 11, number 8 (August 2006).
- Metadata Assistance of the Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records’ Four User Tasks: a report on the MARC Content Designation Utilization (MCDU) Project. [PrePrint]. Published in Knowledge Organization for a Global Learning Society: Proceedings of the 9th International Conference for Knowledge Organization. International Society for Knowledge Organization 9th International Conference. (Vienna, Austria. July 5-7, 2006). Advances in Knowledge Organization, vol 10. Wurzburg: Ergon.
- Learning from Artifacts: Metadata Utilization Analysis.In International Conference on Digital Libraries Proceedings of the 6th ACM/IEEE-CS joint conference on Digital libraries. (Chapel Hill, NC. June 11-15, 2006): Pages: 270 - 271 .