The formal name for this project is Examining Present Practices to Inform Future Metadata Use: An Empirical Analysis of MARC Content Designation Utilization, and more informally the MCDU Project. We submitted a proposal to the U.S. Federal Institute of Museum and Library Services for a National Leadership Grant to carry out this research.
Project Proposal Submitted to the U.S. Federal Institute of Museum and Library Services
Project Work Plan and Research Plan
- A Research Plan for the MARC Content Designation Utilization Project This is draft of a general plan for MCDU Project research activities. December 8, 2004.
- MCDU Project Plan This document provides the working plan for the MCDU Project to guide all project activities. It will be revised as necessary. February 25, 2005.
Project Status Reports Submitted to IMLS
- MCDU Project Interim Report #5: January 1, 2007 — June 30, 2007
- MCDU Project Interim Report #4: July 1, 2006 — December 31, 2006
- MCDU Project Interim Report #3: January 1, 2006 — June 30, 2006
- MCDU Project Interim Report #2: July 1, 2005 — December 31, 2005
- MCDU Project Interim Report #1: December 1, 2004-June 30, 2005